Interventional Radiology (IR) combines imaging technology with minimally invasive surgical tools to aid in diagnosis and treatment.
Conditions We Diagnose and Treat
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Swelling or potential rupturing of the aortic artery wall, located in the abdomen
- Particularly primary and metastatic liver cancer, renal cell carcinoma and primary and metastatic lung cancer
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Fat and cholesterol buildup in arteries in the neck that can lead to stroke if not remedied
- Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- Veins in the pelvic and reproductive organs are enlarged and drain slowly, often causing chronic pelvic pain in women under 50
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Leg arteries narrow, causing cramping, pain and even heart attack or stroke
- Uterine Fibroids
- Noncancerous growths in the uterus, fibroids can cause pelvic pain, heavy menstrual bleeding and even infertility
- Spinal Fractures
- Osteoporosis can cause the spine to compress and fracture, which is incredibly painful and limits mobility
- Varicose Veins
- Unsightly varicose veins on the legs and thighs can be a symptom of venous insufficiency, a condition that causes blood to pool in your feet and legs instead of returning to the heart
Your physician will schedule your appointment.
To learn more about IR, including how to prepare for your exam, please call (724) 223-3059.